Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service - Halton

Who we are
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - also known as CAMHS - support children and young people up to age 18 with their emotional and mental health and wellbeing.

When we talk about your mental health, we mean how you feel and how you cope with the things going on in your life. This could be connected to anything from school, your friends or even your family life. If you feel you aren’t coping too well with the ups and downs of life, it may be that you need some support to help you manage them better.

If you do need help, CAMHS will work together with you and your family to decide what support you need to have good mental health and wellbeing. Their aim is to help young people get the support they need to tackle any problems early on before they get worse, and to act quickly if they do.

North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Halton Borough Council, local schools, school nurses, social services and other local organisations all work closely together to provide CAMHS services across Halton, to make sure you can access the right support, in the right place and at the right time.  

How to access our service
If you have any concerns about your mental health and wellbeing, you can come along to our weekly HeadzUp Halton drop-ins in Runcorn and Widnes, where you can speak to a mental health professional about any concerns you have. No matter how big or small, our staff will talk to you and ask questions about your difficulties, then offer advice and signpost you to other local services that can help if needed.

It’s an informal drop-in session, so you don’t need to make an appointment – you can just turn up.

The HeadzUp Halton mental health drop-ins are held: 
  • Every Wednesday from 2.30-4.30pm at the Hub, Grangeway Youth and Community Centre, Grangeway, Runcorn, WA7 5HA
  • Every Friday from 2.30-4.30pm at Kingsway Library, Widnes, WA8 7QT 
If you have any questions you can call CAMHS directly on 01928 568 162. Your parents or carers can also call us too if they’d like to speak to someone. 

If you need support outside these hours, you can contact the CAMHS Response Team every day until 9pm, on 01744 627 618. If you need immediate medical attention, you should visit your local A&E department.

We also accept referrals from other health professionals who may be working with you, such as your GP, health visitor, school nurse or social worker. If you are a health professional and would like to make a referral for one of your patients, visit the health professionals section of our website to download the referral form.

Where else do we provide CAMHS services?
We provide child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) across KnowsleySt Helens, Warrington and Wigan. We also deliver CAMHS in partnership with Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust in Bolton.

Practical information
Our Halton CAMHS Community Team is based at Thorn Road Clinic in Runcorn. Thorn Road Clinic has free parking for staff and visitors.

As with the rest of our buildings, Thorn Road Clinic is smokefree. This means that smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building or in the site grounds. For more information on this, please visit the smokefree page on our website.

Useful resources
Halton Mental Health Information Point - 

Back to services overview

 Content Editor ‭[2]‬

Contact us
Halton CAMHS 
Thorn Road Clinic
Thorn Road

Tel: 01928 568 162 (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)

If you need support outside these hours, you can contact the CAMHS Response Team every day until 9pm, on 01744 627 618. 

Finding us
Below you can view a map which shows where Thorn Road Clinic is located.