Compliments, complaints and advice

We're keen to hear from you about your experiences of our services. Find out how to get in touch below.

Tell us what you think
We aim to make sure we offer the right care, at the right time, delivered to the highest standard. Hearing about your experiences as a service user, carer or family member helps us to continue improving the services we provide.
If you would like to share your experience or provide any feedback about one of our services, you can email our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).

If you have any concerns about the care you or someone else has received, you can raise your concerns or make a complaint to the Trust.

Raising a concern
If you do not want to make a formal complaint, but you have some concerns you would like to discuss so action can be taken to resolve the issue, our Patient Advice and Liaison Service can help.

To raise a concern, you can either contact the service your concern relates to, contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01925 664 450 or use the online form on this page. Click the 'submit compliment/complaint' button on the right of this

Local resolution
If you have any concerns about the care you or someone else has received, we would first encourage you to speak with the people or team involved as they may not be aware that you have concerns and may be able to resolve them for you. If you do not feel able to raise your concerns with the team directly, our Patient Advice and Liaison Service will be able to do this with you or for you.

Local resolution is a quick and easy way to resolve minor concerns and will be logged on our compliments, complaints and Patient Advice and Liaison Service database.

Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service will discuss your options with you and involve you in any decisions made, to decide which the best route is for you.

Making a formal complaint
If we have been unable to resolve your concerns locally or you feel a formal investigation is required, you can make a complaint to the Trust. There are a number of ways you can make a complaint.

By using our web form:
Click the 'submit compliment/complaint' button on the right of this page to make your complaint electronically using our web form.

By email to:

By post, in writing:
Complaints Team
Hollins Park House
Hollins Lane

If you would like to speak to someone over the phone to discuss your complaint, you can call the team on 01925 664 004.

When you make a complaint on behalf of someone else, whether it is your son, daughter, parent or someone you care for, we may need their consent to share details about their care and treatment with you in order to respond to your complaint.

We understand in some cases it is not possible to obtain consent and in situations where the service user does not have the capacity to give consent. The Trust will make a decision about whether it is in the service user's best interest to share information with the complainant.

Where a service user declines to provide consent and does not wish for information to be shared, the Trust will provide a less detailed response to the complaint.
Support with making a complaint
The NHS complaints advocacy service is a free and independent service which can help you to make a complaint about an NHS service. Advocates can work with you in a variety of ways to make sure you understand your options and get the best outcome for you.

Other advocacy services are also available. For more information about these, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01925 664 450.

Our formal complaints process
When making a complaint, the information you provide will help us to direct your complaint appropriately. Provide as much information as possible and include some or all of the following:
  • your name and address – we will write to you at this address once we have completed our investigation
  • a phone number and/or email address in case we need to contact you for additional information
  • a clear description of what you want to complain about and when this happened
  • the name of the service user you are complaining on behalf of
  • details of any accessible information requirements (for example, large print, translator, braille)
What happens next?
When we receive your complaint, our Patient Advice and Liaison Service will assess your concerns to determine the most appropriate resolution process and will acknowledge your complaint

The investigation
An investigating officer will be appointed to deal with your complaint and may contact you to discuss your concerns in more detail. The investigating officer will keep in contact with the Complaints Team throughout the investigation to provide progress updates.

How long will it take?
This will depend on what your complaint is about and how complex it is. Communication with you is important and we will keep you updated throughout the process.

Our response
Once the investigation has been completed, you will receive a written explanation response to your complaint. We will provide you with details of lessons learned or changes that will take place as a result of the findings of the investigation.

What if I'm not happy with the response to my complaint?
If you are unhappy with the way your complaint has been dealt with, you have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to consider it.

The Ombudsman will review the details of your complaint and how this was handled by us. They may contact us for more details about the complaint and any relevant documentation. Once they have considered all the details of the case, they will decide whether to carry out their own investigation, take no further action, or ask us to investigate your complaint further.

You can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman as follows:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Fax: 0300 061 4000
More information is available on the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website.

 Content Editor ‭[2]‬

Back to your views overview